As 2019 is now upon us we’re turning our attention to what we’d like to achieve in the year ahead. We’re excited by new plans and ideas; as a partnership of organisations we look at whole catchments from the fells to the sea to identify opportunities. Our vision is for:
A healthy, sustainable and diverse catchment system, providing a wide range of benefits which are valued by all.
Did you know 2019 is the ‘International Year of the Salmon’? We think it’s great that this is being celebrated and we’re busy coming up with ideas for projects, games and events.
In 2019 we are looking towards;
- Potential new projects via the Water Environment Grant
- Developing new partnership projects
- Further delivery on Natural Flood Management Measures
- Continuing our work via the Catchment Management Group
- Conserving Coniston & Crake partnership project
- Increased monitoring, including fish surveys and through volunteer initiatives such as the riverfly partnership
- Supporting our community partnerships
- & lots more…..
We are also working to improve our communications, to share our successes with you and hear your views. In the first instance we’re looking to run a Q & A session between South Cumbria Rivers Trust (our hosts) and Becks to Bay to better explain this relationship and the role of the partnership. Do you have any questions you’d like answering or anything you’d particularly like to see us focus on for 2019?